Vista Compliance Laboratories is an independent testing and product certification service provider located in Orange County. We are searching for a Technical Sales person at our San Clemente, CA location.
Vista Labs provides compliance testing services for wireless/electrical and electronic products. We also help customers obtain regulatory certifications recognized both domestically and internationally. By providing compliance testing services, quality assurance, and globally recognized certifications for wireless/electronic products (including cellular devices, household appliances, consumer electronic products, wireless/IoT devices, lighting/electrical equipment, medical devices, information communications technology, and industrial equipment) we ensure the quality and safety of electrical products and devices used by people throughout the world.
We are always eager to find driven, intelligent, and experienced people to join our fast-paced and growing team. If you want to be part of a group of skilled, accountable, and collaborative professionals, take a look at our open positions.
Vista Labs is looking for a technical salesperson to increase new and existing sales, with an entrepreneurial approach in supporting direct sales activities, with a focus on business to business relationships. Are you motivated to participate in a multi-tasking environment? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Apply online and join the #1 provider of EMC/EMI, RF, SAR compliance testing services as well as global product certifications.
As a Technical Sales, you will be in a dynamic position to support our testing and certification services business, encompassing a wide range of direct sales activities with a focus on increasing sales and building business to business relationships. You will report to and provide services for one or more high-level executives, as well as support the staff in other departments. Under minimal supervision, you will apply technical knowledge to the field of sales to boost revenue, generate more leads, interface with new and existing clients, and meet financial or exceed financial targets.
The ideal candidate will exhibit high standards and integrity, excellent communication skills, and have an ability to take initiative, and prioritize daily tasks. A strong background in business, accounting, finance, and experience in a professional setting will ensure your success in this role.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Sell services through effective client research, prospecting, and networking
- Increase new and existing sales
- Track and manage the status of inquiries
- Provide timely responses and detailed follow-ups
- Interface with existing and potentially identified target clients
- Meet with current and prospective customers
- Deliver compelling client presentations and organize / engage in trade events
- Write and follow up on proposals, specify appropriate standards and pricing
- Provide outstanding customer service to ensure client satisfaction
- Communicate with other departments on requirements and deliverables
- Meet or exceed all sales activity targets
- Prepare sales reports, forecasts, and comparisons
- Support the marketing, business, engineering, and financial activities of the company as needed.
- Perform clerical support in an efficient manner
- Provide ad hoc support around office and support to other departments, as required.
- All other tasks and duties assigned as required to meet project and/or business needs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent; associates degree and/or vocation program. Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, engineering, accounting, economics, actuary or equivalent preferred, related fields or experience. Understanding of technologies and background is preferred.
- 2+ years of business to business sales experience in a multi-level environment that involves sales, management, accounting, marketing, and business development is preferred.
- High level of professionalism, integrity, and the ability to work autonomously.
- Superior verbal, written, interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills.
- Computer and internet proficiency.
- Windows and Mac operating system literacy.
- Detail-oriented, enthusiastic, self-directed, and well-organized individual.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a multi-tasking environment.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with a sales CRM program
- Pro-active attitude and excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to function independently within a broad scope of guidelines and established policies and goals.
- Ability to manage workload and assignments in a fast-paced environment while working within required deadlines.
- Ability to travel.
Other General Requirements / Responsibilities:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit, talk, listen, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach, stoop, kneel to install computer equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
- Light to moderate lifting is required
Vista Compliance Laboratories is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.