Administrative Assistant / Customer Service
Vista Compliance Laboratories is an independent testing and product certification service provider located in Orange County. We are searching for an Administrative Assistant at our San Clemente, CA location.
Vista Labs provides compliance testing services for wireless/electrical and electronic products. We also help customers obtain regulatory certifications recognized both domestically and internationally. By providing compliance testing services, quality assurance, and globally recognized certifications for wireless/electronic products (including cellular devices, household appliances, consumer electronic products, wireless/IoT devices, lighting/electrical equipment, medical devices, information communications technology, and industrial equipment) we ensure the quality and safety of electrical products and devices used by people throughout the world.
We are always eager to find driven, intelligent, and experienced people to join our fast-paced and growing team. If you want to be part of a group of skilled, accountable, and collaborative professionals, take a look at our open positions.
Vista Labs is looking for an administrative professional who can handle business related administrative duties, perform customer facing tasks involving client communication / interaction, and support other members of staff including technical personnel. This candidate should be able to perform various administrative tasks such as receiving and directing phone calls, greeting clients and visitors, clerical duties such as filing, copying, faxing, sorting, data entry, administrative tasks, and other front-desk tasks. Are you motivated to participate in a multi-tasking environment? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Apply online and join the #1 provider of EMC/EMI, RF, SAR compliance testing services as well as global product certifications.
As an Administrative Assistant, you will report to and provide services for one or more high-level executives, as well as support the staff. Under minimal supervision, you will perform advanced, diversified and confidential administrative duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, skill and knowledge of organizational policies and practices.
The ideal candidate will exhibit high standards, excellent communication skills, and have an ability to take initiative, and prioritize daily tasks. A strong ability to take charge and meet tight deadlines will ensure your success in this multi-faceted role.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Answers all incoming inquiries and directs them accurately and in a timely manner.
- Greet visitors and clients. Direct to appropriate office and/or resident room.
- Handles all reception of shipments from courier services as required.
- Serves as administrative liaison pertaining to administrative needs for the laboratory engineers, and as administrative/certification support for the company.
- Coordinates tasks and makes information/actionable items clear to staff members and clients.
- Assist with projects, which may include creating, reviewing, and revising documents, supporting documentation and working with Word documents, Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations.
- Support the marketing, sales, and business activities of the company as needed.
- Perform clerical support in an efficient manner.
- Provide ad hoc support around office and support to other departments, as required.
- All other tasks and duties assigned as required to meet project and/or business needs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent; associates degree and/or vocation program. Bachelor’s degree in management, accounting, economics, business management or equivalent preferred. Understanding of technologies and background is preferred.
- 2+ years of administrative experience in a multi-level environment that involves human resource management and organizational development is preferred.
- High level of professionalism, integrity, and the ability to work autonomously.
- Strong to excellent verbal written, interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills.
- Customer-focused. Team player.
- Computer and internet literacy; specifically with MS office applications and knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required. Experience with accounting software is a plus.
- Detail-oriented, enthusiastic, self-directed, and well-organized individual.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a multi-tasking environment.
- Pro-active attitude and excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to function independently within a broad scope of guidelines and established policies and goals.
- Ability to manage workload and assignments in a fast-paced environment while working within required deadlines.
- Travel may be required.
Other General Requirements / Responsibilities:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit, talk, listen, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach, stoop, kneel to install computer equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
- Light to moderate lifting is required
Vista Compliance Laboratories is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.