Software Development Engineer (Internship)
Vista Compliance Laboratories is an independent testing and product certification service provider located in Orange County. We are searching for a Software Development Engineer (Internship) at our San Clemente, CA location.
Vista Labs provides compliance testing services for wireless/electrical and electronic products. We also help customers obtain regulatory certifications recognized both domestically and internationally. By providing compliance testing services, quality assurance, and globally recognized certifications for wireless/electronic products (including cellular devices, household appliances, consumer electronic products, wireless/IoT devices, lighting/electrical equipment, medical devices, information communications technology, and industrial equipment) we ensure the quality and safety of electrical products and devices used by people throughout the world.
We are always eager to find driven, intelligent, and experienced people to join our fast-paced and growing team. If you want to be part of a group of skilled, accountable, and collaborative professionals, take a look at our open positions.
Vista Labs is looking for a software engineering intern to develop various platforms and systems that will change how we interact with our clients, function and collaborate internally, innovate business development, and bring new ideas from all areas. Are you motivated to participate in a multi-tasking environment? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Apply online and join the #1 provider of EMC/EMI, RF, SAR compliance testing services as well as global product certifications.
As a software engineering intern, you will develop the next-generation technologies that improve how we fundamentally interact with customers, streamline operations internally, and spark innovation on the way we normally do things. We seek fresh ideas from all areas, including information and data processing, large-scale commercial software, applications and systems design, networks and information technology, as well as system administration. You will report to and provide services for one or more high-level executives, as well as support the staff. Under minimal supervision, you will design, implement, and maintain software and systems requiring broad and comprehensive experience, skill, and knowledge of software tools and development.
The ideal candidate will exhibit high standards, excellent communication skills, and have the ability to take initiative, innovate, meet tight deadlines, and prioritize daily tasks. A strong background in computer sciences and engineering, design, planning, and working on large-scale projects will ensure your success in this multi-faceted role.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software.
- Collaborate with other partners, departments, or functions to define and deliver the solutions, value propositions, narratives to improve operations or support clientele.
- Work with design elements, developer platforms, product components, and infrastructure.
- Create applications, tools, platforms, and user interfaces for stakeholders.
- Drive alignment across sales, services, relations, and technical functions to realize the shared goals of the software.
- Technical research, analysis, implementation, and troubleshooting.
- Build and support the information technology and systems administration infrastructure.
- Design and communicate with the parties involved.
- Web programming, applications, and design.
- Assist with projects, which may include creating, reviewing, and revising documents, supporting documentation, and working with Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Support the sales, marketing, technology, and business activities of the company as needed.
- Perform clerical support in an efficient manner
- Provide ad hoc support around office and support to other departments, as required.
- All other tasks and duties assigned as required to meet project and/or business needs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent; associates degree and/or vocation program. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience. Understanding of technologies and background is preferred.
- 2+ years of software development experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages, in addition to web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development, web development, and professional multi-level organization experience are preferred.
- High level of professionalism, integrity, and the ability to work autonomously.
- Strong to excellent verbal written, interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills.
- Customer-focused. Team player.
- Computer and internet proficiency including software development tools and applications. Previous large scale projects or experience is a plus.
- Windows and Mac operating system literacy.
- Detail-oriented, enthusiastic, self-directed, and well-organized individual.
- Must be self-motivated, directed, and able to work in a multi-tasking environment.
- Pro-active attitude and excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to function independently within a broad scope of guidelines and established policies and goals.
- Ability to manage workload and assignments in a fast-paced environment while working within required deadlines.
- Travel may be required.
Other General Requirements / Responsibilities:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit, talk, listen, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach, stoop, kneel to install computer equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
- Light to moderate lifting is required
Vista Compliance Laboratories is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.