Vista Compliance Laboratories is an independent testing and product certification service provider located in Orange County. We are searching for a Corporate Accountant at our San Clemente, CA location.
Vista Labs provides compliance testing services for wireless/electrical and electronic products. We also help customers obtain regulatory certifications recognized both domestically and internationally. By providing compliance testing services, quality assurance, and globally recognized certifications for wireless/electronic products (including cellular devices, household appliances, consumer electronic products, wireless/IoT devices, lighting/electrical equipment, medical devices, information communications technology, and industrial equipment) we ensure the quality and safety of electrical products and devices used by people throughout the world.
We are always eager to find driven, intelligent, and experienced people to join our fast-paced and growing team. If you want to be part of a group of skilled, accountable, and collaborative professionals, take a look at our open positions.
Vista Labs is looking for an accountant and accounts analyst who can perform accounting activities such as posting entries, balance sheet reconciliations, company transactions, AP / AR duties, and analyze financial information. Are you motivated to participate in a multi-tasking environment? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Apply online and join the #1 provider of EMC/EMI, RF, SAR compliance testing services as well as global product certifications.
As an Corporate Accountant, you will utilize accounting principles and skills to perform daily book-keeping, general ledger entry, day-to-day accounting for the organization, payroll, taxes, month-end closing and conducting financial analyses for financial information, as well as managing daily financial transactions by posting, reviewing, and maintaining/reconciling the ledger regularly. You will report to and provide services for one or more high-level executives, as well as support the staff in other departments. Under minimal supervision, you will apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information, and prepare financial schedules by compiling information and use appropriate accounting control procedures.
The ideal candidate will exhibit high standards and integrity, excellent communication skills, and have an ability to take initiative, and prioritize daily tasks. A strong background in accounting, finance, and experience in a professional setting will ensure your success in this role.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Accounts receivable (estimates, quotations, invoices)
- Accounts payable (bill entry and payment application)
- Upload and reconcile sales data from the invoicing system to the accounting system
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts and ensure reconciling items are cleared
- Record various recurring monthly journal entries in preparation for financial close
- Maintain employee data and expense reports
- Assist with tax filings
- Perform payroll activities and accounting
- Perform month-end balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assist with the month and year-end closing procedures
- Assist with tracking budget versus actual variance reports
- Manage multiple reporting requirements and ensure accounting deadlines are met
- Support the marketing, sales, and business activities of the company as needed.
- Perform clerical support in an efficient manner
- Provide ad hoc support around office and support to other departments, as required.
- All other tasks and duties assigned as required to meet project and/or business needs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent; associates degree and/or vocation program. Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, actuary or equivalent preferred, related fields or experience. Understanding of technologies and background is preferred.
- 2+ years of accounting and finance experience in a multi-level environment that involves accounting, resource management, and business development is preferred.
- High level of professionalism, integrity, and the ability to work autonomously.
- Strong to excellent verbal written, interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills.
- Computer and internet proficiency; specifically with Quickbooks accounting software.
- Windows and Mac operating system literacy.
- Detail-oriented, enthusiastic, self-directed, and well-organized individual.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a multi-tasking environment.
- Pro-active attitude and excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to function independently within a broad scope of guidelines and established policies and goals.
- Ability to manage workload and assignments in a fast-paced environment while working within required deadlines.
- Travel may be required.
Other General Requirements / Responsibilities:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit, talk, listen, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach, stoop, kneel to install computer equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
- Light to moderate lifting is required
Vista Compliance Laboratories is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.