EMC / RF Test Engineer (Technical Staff)
Vista Compliance Laboratories is an independent testing and product certification service provider located in Orange County. We are searching for an EMC/RF Test Engineer at our San Clemente, CA location.
Vista Labs provides compliance testing services for wireless/electrical and electronic products. We also help customers obtain regulatory certifications recognized both domestically and internationally. By providing compliance testing services, quality assurance, and globally recognized certifications for wireless/electronic products (including cellular devices, household appliances, consumer electronic products, wireless/IoT devices, lighting/electrical equipment, medical devices, information communications technology, and industrial equipment) we ensure the quality and safety of electrical products and devices used by people throughout the world.
We are always eager to find driven, intelligent, and experienced people to join our fast-paced and growing team. If you want to be part of a group of skilled, accountable, and collaborative professionals, take a look at our open positions.
Vista Labs is looking for an EMC/RF test technician as part of the technical staff, to perform Electromagnetic Compatibility and Radio Frequency testing, technical evaluation and review, as well as provide support to non-technical personnel. Are you motivated to participate in a multi-tasking environment? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Apply online and join the #1 provider of EMC/EMI, RF, SAR compliance testing services as well as global product certifications.
Apply online and join the #1 provider of EMC/EMI, RF, SAR compliance testing services as well as global product certifications.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Understand and apply standard engineering standards/principles for product evaluation and compliance testing.
- Set-up and break-down test apparatus, equipment, and samples for testing.
- Equipment maintenance and operation.
- Perform Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) and Radio Frequency (RF) testing.
- Review product specifications, datasheets, test set-up instructions, test plans, and pre-evaluation documents to understand the objectives of assignments prior to starting testing.
- Prepare documentation/files for compliance with quality system and operating procedures
- Perform satisfactory EMC and RF testing in accordance with regulatory standards and requirements.
- Extract and compile engineering data and record test data in accordance with standards.
- Analyze test data, generate test data sheets, perform routing calculations.
- Create client deliverables in the form of test reports, letter reports, and certification reports.
- Communicate information with staff and management (turn-around time, test progress, and project status, etc.).
- Communicate test report results effectively with customers.
- Perform work both on-site and at client locations as required.
- Interface directly with internal and external clients.
- Conduct routine operation, maintenance, calibration, qualification, and trouble-shooting of laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Assist in development, writing, review, and validation of test methods, laboratory SOPs, and other department level operating and quality documents.
- Assist in the investigation of, response to, and follow-up of client inquiries and complaints.
- Coordinate with laboratory engineers, technicians and/or assistants on sample receiving, logging, pre-treatment, preparation, testing, and other tasks.
- Conduct multiple projects within tight deadlines.
- Provide training, instructions, and oversight to other team members as required.
- Provide support to sales and other departments, as required.
- All other tasks and duties assigned as required to meet project and/or business needs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent; associates degree and/or vocation program in engineering or electrical technologies. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in electrical or engineering technologies preferred. Electrical and/or mechanical background.
- Directly related testing experience preferred.
- Ability and flexibility to work on shifts as assigned.
- Ability to utilize basic equipment and hand tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills. Ability to work well both independently and as a team, and across multiple cultures.
- Strong analytical skills while handling multiple projects, delivering results on time using well developed logical problem-solving skills.
- Customer-focused. Team player.
- High level of professionalism and the ability to work autonomously.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Pro-active attitude and excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Able to read, comprehend, interpret and apply the requirements of test standards to various types of products.
- Maintain adequate knowledge of technology relating to the position.
- Computer & Math Skills. Windows-based computer programs including MS Word, Excel, and Access.
- Good technical/mechanical skills/aptitude.
Other General Requirements / Responsibilities:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit, talk, listen, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach, stoop, kneel to install computer equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
- Light to moderate lifting is required
Vista Compliance Laboratories is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.