Posted on January 8, 2019 at 11:17 AM
The National Telecommunications Agency of Brazil, ANATEL, is updating various EMC testing requirements and SAR packaging requirements.
Below are the changes to EMC emissions and immunity requirements:
- Transceivers: Although radiated emissions and immunity testing is still required, immunity testing is now applicable for all frequencies bands available.
- RF Modules: Radiated emission testing is no longer required.
- Cellular Devices: Radiated emission and radiated immunity testing is still required, but now other technologies such as WLAN and Bluetooth are applicable along with 2G, 3G, 4G technologies.
- Products that received ANATEL approval prior to 9/27/2018 will not require the radiated emission or radiated immunity tests for the renewal process as long as the product has not changed since the original approval.
ANATEL also made changes to SAR requirements. The following requirement will be effective as of January 30, 2019:
- All portable devices which are subject to SAR testing will have to display the maximum measured SAR value in their packaging or physical/electronic manual. Should the information be displayed electronically, there must be instructions in the physical manual on how to access the SAR values in the electronic manual.
Vista Labs is your global testing and certification provider. Our expansive testing capabilities and certification coverage will ensure that your product reaches your target markets.
Please don't hesitate to reach out and see how we can help your products obtain global approval.
Send Us Your Inquiries