Posted on February 4, 2019 at 10:55 AM
The radio communications authority, Innovation, Science and Economic Development (ISED), of Canada updates the radio standard specifications:
- RSS-130 — Equipment Operating in the Frequency Bands 617-652 MHz, 663-698 MHz, 698-756 MHz and 777-787 MHz
- RSS-196 — Point-to-Multipoint Broadband Equipment Operating in the Band 512-608 MHz for Rural Remote Broadband Systems (RRBS) (TV Channels 21 to 36).
Radio Standards Specification 130, Issue 2
Updated Standardarrow_right_altThe Radio Standards Specification 130, issue 2, Equipment Operating in the Frequency Bands 617-652 MHz, 663-698 MHz, 698-756 MHz and 777-787 MHz
RSS-130, issue 1, Mobile Broadband Services (MBS) Equipment Operating in the Frequency Bands 698-756 MHz and 777-787 MHz, dated October 2013.
The changes are as follows:
- Addition of frequency bands 617-652 MHz and 663-698 MHz, as well as the requirements to the standard.
- Addition of the provision for a transition period regarding RSS-130 issue 1.
- A transition period of six (6) months following its publication is provided.
- Change equipment's equivalent isotopically radiated power (e.i.r.p.) to effective radiated power (e.r.p.)
- Clarify that the equipment's unwanted emission limit shall be met at the highest and lowest frequency of the frequency block range that contains the equipment operating frequencies.
- Clarify that equipment's measurement shall be performed only with the carrier frequency set at the lowest frequency and highest frequency in each frequency band.
- Addition of guidance on determining the occupied bandwidth when measuring frequency stability limits for equipment capable of transmitting numerous channels simultaneously.
- Removal of measurement section on multiple antennas, the measurement method is defined in ANSI C63.26.
Radio Standards Specification 196, Issue 2
Updated Standardarrow_right_altRadio Standards Specification 196 (RSS-196), issue 2, Point-to-Multipoint Broadband Equipment Operating in the Band 512-608 MHz for Rural Remote Broadband Systems (RRBS) (TV Channels 21 to 36)
RSS-196, issue 1, Point-to-Multipoint Broadband Equipment Operating in the Bands 512-608 and 614-698 MHz for Rural Remote Broadband Systems (RRBS) (TV Channels 21 to 51) dated March 2010.
The changes are as follows:
- Removal of the band 614-698 MHz as per the policy decision in the document SLPB-004-15, Decision on Repurposing the 600 MHz Band).
- Removal of the section on receiver spurious emission as it is covered in RSS-Gen, General Requirements for Compliance of Radio Apparatus.
- Reference to RSS-Gen instead of RSS-210, Licence-Exempt Radio Apparatus: Category I Equipment, for the general field strength limit.
Vista Labs is your global testing and certification provider. Our expansive testing capabilities and certification coverage will ensure that your product reaches your target markets.
Please don't hesitate to reach out and see how we can help your products obtain global approval.
Send Us Your Inquiries