The Office of the Communications Authority (OFCA) of Hong Kong publishes the criteria for type approval for 5G NR mobile radio equipment operating in the 24.25 - 28.35 GHz band.
Electrical Safety Requirement:
- Compliance with the electrical safety requirements in HKCA 2001.
Radio Frequency Safety Requirement:
- Compliance with the RF safety requirements in 47 CFR § 30.207.
- Transmit: 24.25 – 28.35 GHz
- Receive: 24.25 – 28.35 GHz
- TS 38.521-2 “Third Generation Partnership Project; Technical Specification Group Radio Access Network; NR; User Equipment (UE) conformance specification; Radio transmission and reception; Part 2: Range 2 Standalone (Release 15)”
|Transmitter Characteristics||Clause in 3GPP TS 38.521-2|
|Transmit power||Clause 6.2|
|Output RF spectrum emissions||Clause 6.5 excluding Clause 6.5.1 on occupied bandwidth|
|Receiver Characteristics||Clause in 3GPP TS 38.521-2|
|Adjacent channel selectivity||Clause 7.5|
|Blocking characteristics||Clause 7.6|
|Spurious responses||Clause 7.7|
|Spurious emissions||Clause 7.9|
The equipment is to be evaluated according to the above procedures to determine its compliance with the technical requirements.