The Voluntary Control Council for Interference by Information Technology Equipment (VCCI) of Japan is no longer accepting registration applications for equipment compliant with V-2 Rules (CISPR 22).
As of April 1, 2019, only registration applications in compliance with VCCI 32-1 (CISPR 32) is accepted; concurrent acceptance of Rules V-2 and VCCI 32-1 (CISPR 32) has ended.
Below is the timeline for the transition:
|Until October 31, 2016||November 1, 2016 - March 29, 2019||After April 1, 2019|
|Compliance with: ||Compliance with: ||Compliance with: |
For products registered according to Rules V-2, see the following flowchart:
① If a product has been registered according to V-2 Rules before March 29, 2019 and has no change in registration contents/information it can be shipped without re-testing, even after April 2019.
② Products registered according to V-2 Rules can be re-registered according to VCCI 32-1 Rules without re-testing even if the product’s content has changed, if the change does not affect the submitted conformity verification test data and no new measurement items apply.
Examples of case ② include:
- Additional model name for a new company or addition of a new brand (without any change to the product itself)
- Additional model name due to a change in product color
③ ④ ⑤ If the change affects conformity verification test data or that must comply with new test items, both re-testing per VCCI 32-1 Rules and a new registration application is required.
Examples of case ③ include:
- The product has a tuner or antenna port, and conformity verification testing has not been carried out for registration according to "Technical Requirements" V-3
- The product has radio function but has not been tested for conformity verification testing in a radio communication state for registration according to "Technical Requirements" V-3
Examples of case ④ include:
- Change in manufacturing process or factory site
- Component that may affect EMI characteristics substituted, or change in printed circuit board
All other cases involving changes to the product, conformity verification test data, or requiring new measurement items fall into case ⑤ and require testing per the technical requirements of VCCI-CISPR 32 as well as re-registration according to VCCI 32-1 Rules.