The Standard and Industrial Research Institute of Malaysia (SIRIM) has reassessed and implemented certification requirements for submission of test samples, acceptance of test reports, and importation procedures.
The following requirements is an addendum to the certification requirements for compliance approval for communication, multi-media, and hybrid equipment.
Sample Submission Requirements
|#||Sample Size||Connectivity Test||Sample Submission|
|1||≤ 1.5m x 2.0m||Yes||Option 1|
|2||≤ 1.5m x 2.0m||No||Option 1 or Option 3|
|3||> 1.5m x 2.0m||Yes||Option 2|
|4||> 1.5m x 2.0m||No||Option 2 or Option 3|
|Option 1||Applicant shall submit complete set of sample to SIRIM.|
|Option 2||Applicant may request for on-site (field) inspection of complete set of sample.|
|Option 3||Applicant may submit photos of sample.|
Photo sample submission must meet the following requirements:
- Photos must be of complete set of sample which may include adaptor, power cord, antenna etc., if any.
- Photos must be clear. All indication or writings on sample can be easily read.
- Photos submitted must contain the following views: front view, rear view, top view, bottom view, side views (left, right).
- Photos must contain product marking, which includes brand, model number and marketing name (if any).
- Photos must contain PCB layout (top & bottom) including PCB layout of wireless module.
- Photos must be duly labelled as above and sample’s wireless module (e.g. WLAN, Bluetooth, RFID etc) and interface port (e.g. RJ11, USB etc) must be identified and labeled.
Connectivity Test shall be carried out on sample for applications that fall under the following technical codes / technical specifications / technical checklist:
|#||Technical Code / Technical Specification / Technical Checklist||Document Description|
|1||SKMM WTS GSM MT Rev.1.01:2007||Technical specification for GSM Mobile Terminals|
|2||SKMM WTS IMT MT Rev.1.01:2007||Technical specification for IMT-2000 Third- generation (3G) Cellular Mobile Terminals|
|3||MCMC MTSFB TC T012:2015||Technical specification for Land Mobile Radio Equipment|
|4||MCMC MTSFB TC T015:2016||Technical specification for Long Term Evolution (LTE) – User Equipment (UE)|
|5||MCMC MTSFB TC T015:2016||Technical checklist for Data/Facsimile Modem|
|6||MCMC MTSFB TC T015:2016||Technical checklist for Facsimile Machine with Telephone Handset|
Test report which is issued five (5) years or more from its issuance date may be submitted for certification if it meets the following criteria:
- Only applies for communication scope
- Meet the limit of affected parameters as specified in latest Technical Specification / Technical Code / Standard
- There are no changes in hardware and software after five (5) years of approval. No modification has been done to the product after the test is conducted (Declaration of Conformity from Principal is required)
- No major technical changes in the relevant standards specified in the Technical Specification / Technical Code / Standard which will affect radio, safety, EMC and/or SAR performance of the product. The acceptance of relevant standards are based on latest standard or the same version and year with the latest Technical Specification / Technical Code
- Testing laboratory is still in operation and the scope of testing is covered under the laboratory’s accreditation scope
- Testing may be conducted for selected parameters if minor changes is made which will not affect the safety and performance of the product
Importation Documents for the Sample
In cases of sample without any importation document, the applicant shall submit a duly signed declaration letter that contains the following details:
- Applicant details (e.g. company name, address, application number)
- Product details (e.g. product type, brand name, model name)
- Consignor details (e.g. company name, address, telephone number)
- Consignee details (e.g. company name, address, telephone number)
- Mode of transport (e.g. courier, post, hand carry via maritime/rail/road/air etc.)
- Country / Place of origin