The WPC (Wireless Planning and Coordination) of India has decided to continue to make frequency assignments for wireless applications for a period of three months.
As an interim measure from July 29, 2019, the WPC will continue to make frequency assignments for the following:
- broadcasting (including community radio)
- H/V/UHF/SHF fixed/mobile networks (including CMRTS)
- demonstration and satellite based applications (including DTH, Teleport, DSNG, VSAT, NLD, ILD, INMARSAT)
The allotment of the spectrum will be made with conditions such as:
- The allotment of spectrum is provisional and subject to the Govt's decision.
- In case the provisional allotment of spectrum is withdrawn, respective wireless users would obtain Non Dealer Possession Licence (NDPL) for possessing the wireless equipment or return the equipment to a DPL holder.
- Upon shift / change in policy from administrative allotmnet, due notice of 3 months of such change and time to make appropriate arrangements will be given.
Annual spectrum usage charges will continue to be levied.