The Department of Innovation, Science and Economic Development (ISED) of Canada sets forth updates to RSS-310, licence-exempt radio apparatus that are exempt from certification.
Radio Standards Specification RSS-310, Licence-Exempt Radio Apparatus: Category II Equipment, sets out standard requirements for licence-exempt radio apparatus used for radiocommunication (other than broadcasting) that is exempt from certification.
Radio Standards Specification RSS-310, Issue 5, Licence-Exempt Radio Apparatus: Category II Equipment, replaces RSS-310 Issue 4 dated July 2015.
The main changes are as follows:
- Transfer requirements for devices operating in the band 24-24. 25 GHz to RSS-210, Licence Exempt Radio Apparatus: Category I Equipment. These devices are now required to be certified under RSS-210.
- Add provision for transition period.
- Refer to RSS-Gen, General Requirements for Compliance of Radio Apparatus for required text to be inserted into user manuals.
- Remove provision for electronic labelling of equipment as this provision is now provided in RSS-Gen.
- Remove requirements for Category II receivers as these receivers are now covered in RSS-Gen.
- Remove exemption from any requirement for infrared wireless devices.
- Update requirements for alternating current (AC) wire carrier current devices.
- Update general information.
A transition period of six (6) months following the publication will be provided, within which compliance with RSS-310 Issue 5, or Issue 4, will be accepted.
For the full draft standard, please see here.