The Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) of China provides clarification on the situations where obtaining a new type approval is necessary for radio transmission equipment.
An applicant is required to submit a new application for model and type approval, even after obtaining an original radio equipment type approval certificate, under any of the following circumstances:
- The information of the original applicant, license holder, or company name of the certified product has changed
- The information of the manufacturer or production factory of the certified product has changed
- The quality system of the factory has changed (for example production capacity, technical strength, quality assurance system, production line, production area)
- The components used to manufacture the certified product has changed
- The model number of the certified product has changed
- Changes in regulations or radiofrequency management policies that affect the certified equipment
The national radio regulatory agency plans to increase supervision and inspection of relevant radio transmitting equipment in order to find instances of violations of laws and regulations.
The regulation is effective as of October 12, 2019.