The Regulatory Authority of the Post and Electronic Communications (ARPCE) of Algeria sets out new requirements and procedures for the type approval of radio and terminal equipment.
The changes are summarized as follows:
- A new application is required upon certificate expiration; the renewal process is discontinued.
- Certificates from accredited labs are required as part of the approval process.
- The test reports submitted for review should be no older than 3 years; previous validity was 2 years.
- Safety and human exposure testing is required.
- Original copies of declarations of conformity can be substituted with electronically signed versions.
- Certificates issued are valid for 3 years.
- The lead-times for the application review and technical evaluation will not exceed 8 weeks.
These new requirements have been approved and is valid as of October 18th, 2019.