The Secretariat of Trade of Argentina issues a draft amendment to the mandatory certification of compliance with the essential safety requirements for low-voltage electrical products.
The key amendments are summarized as follows:
Scope of Application
- Electrical equipment between 50 VAC and 1,000 VAC
- Electrical equipment between 75 VDC and 1,500 VDC
- Lamps (with the exception of LED technology) and lampholders
- Fence electrifier
Products that comply with IEC 60335-1 and IRAM 2092-1 are not exempt from product safety certification.
Mandatory Certification Product List
- Electronic and electromagnetic ballasts for ﬂuorescent lamps
- Electromagnetic ballasts for gas discharge lamps
- Ignitors and starters for discharge lamps
- Starters for ﬂuorescent lamps
- Lampholder for general lighting
- Transformers for lamps
- Electronic control and control elements for ﬁxed installations
- Single or multiple extensions
- Mobile outlets, single or multiple, for home use
- Cables for ﬁxed installations and ﬂexible cables
- Electrical equipment for water heating
- Household appliances
These amendments will be in effect 60 days from the date of its official publication.