Electrical and wireless products subject to the RoHS regulations of Eurasian Conformity (EAC) in the Eurasian Economic Union is effective as of March 1, 2020.
EAEU TR 037/2016 is the Technical Regulation of the Eurasian Economic Union on the Restriction of the Use of Hazardous Substances in Electrotechnical and Radio-electronic Products.
The RoHS declaration of conformity for the EAEU can be issued through the following methods:
- Recognized and accredited EN 50581 test reports
- In-country / local testing within the Eurasian Customs Union
Please see the list below of products subject to EAEU TR 037/2016:
- Electrical apparatus, equipment, and appliances for household use
- Electronic computing machines, computers, connected devices, and peripherals
- Telecommunication terminal devices / facilities
- Electrical apparatus, equipment, for office use, such as photocopiers
- Electric tools, electrical handheld / portable machines
- Vending machines, gambling machines
- Electronic musical instruments
- Circuit breakers and protective cutout devices
- Lighting equipment, light sources, including built-in light sources.
- Alarms and detectors (fire detectors, security detectors)
- Kiosks, including cash registers, ticket printers, ATMs, and identification card readers
- Cables, wires, cords (rated voltage not exceeding 500 VAC/VDC)
The RoHS regulation in the Eurasian Customs Union is officially in force as of March 1, 2020.