The State Radio Regulation of China (SRRC) announced new regulations for the production, importation, sale, and use of low power short-range radio transmitting equipment.
In order to promote and regulate various radio services and applications, the following have been announced:
- The use of low power radio equipment and short range devices must not cause harmful interference to other radio stations, and must be able operate under harmful interference. Any harmful interference caused must be should be stopped immediately.
- Low power radio equipment and short range devices must be able to withstand the interference of other radio stations.
- The adjustment or control device of the equipment shall be limited to the range specified in the technical requirements. When operating equipment, the following is not allowed: changing the intended usage conditions, expanding the transmission frequency range, increasing the transmission power, or changing of the transmission antenna without authorization.
- The use of low power radio equipment and short range devices shall comply with the regulations of the electromagnetic environment protection and relevant industry authorities.
The product information and user manual should indicate the following warning statements regarding the equipment and its use:
- Do not change the use scene or conditions without authorization, expand the transmission frequency range, increase the transmission power (including additional installation of RF power amplifiers), and do not change the transmission antenna without authorization.
- It shall not cause harmful interference to other legitimate radio stations (stations), and shall not propose protection from harmful interference.
- It should withstand the interference of industrial, scientific and medical (ISM) application equipment radiating radio frequency energy or other legal radio station (station) interference.
- If it causes harmful interference to other legal radio stations, immediately stop using it and take measures to eliminate interference before continuing to use it.
- The use of low power equipment in electromagnetic environmental protection areas such as airports shall comply with the regulations of electromagnetic environmental protection and relevant industry authorities.
- It is forbidden to use various types of remote controllers in the area with the center point of the airport runway as the center and a radius of 5000 meters.
This announcement is has been implemented and is effective as of November 28, 2019.