The regulatory body of post and telecommunications of Indonesia (SDPPI), has drafted the technical requirements for telecom devices connected to the public switched telephone network.
On January 8th, SDPPI published the draft version of the Directorate General Regulation that defines the technical requirement for the telecom device that is connected to the Public Switch Telephone Network (PSTN). This draft regulation is currently under public review for comment.
The following device categories will be covered under this new regulation:
- Analog Telephone Equipment is a terminal device that is connected to the public telephone network ( Public Switched Telephone Network ) through analog telephone lines and is used for reciprocal voice communication.
- A Fax device is an aircraft or machine for sending and receiving news and pictures via telephoto or radio communication with a photographic reproductive system.
- Device Private Automatic Branch Exchange is a switching system in which customer systems in its operation can be connected to the PSTN and can connect voice signal ( voice ), data, images, or other information signals.
- Other devices connected to the PSTN are all terminal devices that are connected to the PSTN via a public fixed telephone network with circuit-switched ed cables.
At the time this new regulation comes into force, it will revoke 4 (four) Decrees of the Director-General and 2 (two) Regulations of the Director-General namely:
- Decree of the Director General of Post and Telecommunications Number 004 / DIRJEN / 1999 concerning Stipulation of Technical Requirements of Telecommunication Tools / Equipment for Analog PABX / STLO Equipment.
- Decree of the Director General of Post and Telecommunications Number 006 / DIRJEN / 1999.
- Decree of the Director General of Post and Telecommunications Number 86 / DIRJEN / 1999 concerning Technical Requirements for Public Cordless Telephone Equipment.
- Decree of the Director General of Post and Telecommunications Number 255 / DIRJEN / 2002 concerning Technical Requirements for Telephone Dialing Data (PDPT).
- Regulation of the Director General of Post and Telecommunications Number 277 / DIRJEN / 2010 concerning Technical Requirements for Telecommunications Key Telephone System (KTS) Tools and Equipment.
- Regulation of the Director General of Post and Telecommunications Number 250 / DIRJEN / 2005 concerning Technical Requirements of Tools and Devices for Analog Interface of Customer Devices Connected to Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN).
This regulation defines the general and conformity requirement. The general requirements includes:
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Requirements.
- Security Requirements.
The conformity requirements include interface and connectivity requirements concerning each category of device covered by this regulation.