The Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) provides updated requirements for certified radiofrequency identification devices (RFID).
Due to repeated complaints of RF interference to the local mobile network from RFID devices, MCMC set out the following compulsory requirements for all RFID equipment certification applicants.
- RFID devices must meet the technical requirements in MCMC MTSFB TC T007, the Technical Code and Specifications for Short Range Devices (SRD).
- The frequency range for all new and existing RFID products must be set for Malaysia as default.
- Product specifications, user manuals, and product literature/brochures contained in the certification application must indicate the Malaysian frequency range(s).
- All documentation distributed to the end-user, consumer, and/or buyer must be submitted for certification and should show the frequency range.
Certifications will be canceled or suspended, and products will be recalled if products are not in compliance with these requirements.
Penalties will be administered for the following offenses:
- Emission from non-standard or non-certified equipment
- Illegal distribution, sale, or usee of non-standard or non-certified equipment
- Distribution or sale of radio equipment that are no longer in compliance with the most recent standards
- Failure to recall radio equipment which compliance certificates have been revoked or suspended