The Prime Minister of Vietnam issues Minimum Energy Performance Standards (MEPS) and Regulatory Energy Label for televisions upon receipt of Declaration of Conformity.
This was issued pursuant to Decision 04/2017/QD-TTg - List of devices and appliances subjected to Minimum Energy Performance Standard (MEPS) and Energy Efficiency Declaration of Conformity (EE DoC).
Televisions of all forms are subjected to Minimum Energy Performance Standard (MEPS) and regulatory Energy Label after getting Energy Efficiency Declaration of Conformity (EE DoC) to enter Vietnam market.
Important notes: Pursuant to regulation of MIC Vietnam, TV without DVB-T2 receiver functions shall not be allowed to enter Vietnam from April 01, 2015
1. Applicable regulations and scope of application.
- Decision No.04/2017/QD-TTg of Vietnam Prime Minister - Regulation on the list of equipment and means required to comply with Vietnam regulation on energy efficiency.
- Circular 36/2016/TT-BCT of Vietnam Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT Vietnam) - Regulations on procedures and required documents for Declaration of Conformity according to Vietnam National Energy Efficiency Program (VNEEP).
- TCVN 9536:2012 - Television sets - Energy Efficiency.
- TCVN 9537:2012 - Television sets - Method for determination of energy efficiency.
The above regulations are applicable to TV sets with less than 1000W rating power and functions not similar to a desktop PC.
2.Procedures and requirements for Energy Efficiency DoC:
Required documents to apply for Energy Efficiency certificate for TV as follows:
- Vietnam Energy Efficiency Declaration of Conformity form.
- Energy Efficiency test reports (at this moment only local report will be accepted by MOIT).
- Certificates and Accreditation Letter of Test lab if test reports are issued by oversea labs.
- Energy Label draft artwork.
Department of Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Development shall review the application dossier and issue the Energy Efficiency certificate within 2 weeks. Certificate holder can use Vietnam Energy Label only after DoC process.
Remarks when applying for the Vietnam Energy Efficiency approval for TV:
(1) LCD display which does not have TV receiver functions shall not be under regulatory scope of this regulation.
(2) Existing Energy Efficiency level is based on an old CE standard so all the LCD / LED TV's should meet requirement of 5 star grade.
(3) TV having rating power 1000W or higher shall not be under regulatory scope of this regulation.