The Ministry of Information and Communications (MIC) of Vietnam provides a draft list of radio and ITE devices subject to approval or DoC to come into effect starting July 1, 2020.
The following changes are made in the draft circular,
- Added terminal device, base station, and repeater used in 5G cellular network into the list. QCVN 47:2015/BTTTT and QCVN 18:2014/BTTTT shall be temporarily used as RF standards for 5G equipment until new 5G National Technical Regulations are available.
- Added detail description for RFID reader and RFID tag used for traffic toll collection system (operates in 920 - 923 MHz band, with RF Power exceeding 500mW ERP).
- Added National Technical Regulation QCVN 86: 2019/BTTTT and QCVN 119: 2019/BTTTT into the list.
- Updated description for RFID Reader and Tag to clarify that the product group includes equipment with or without a power source.
- Moved wireless inductive loop charger, telemetry equipment, MISC and MITS device, Wireless sound devices, UWB and some other SRD from Annex I to Annex II. These devices will be mandatory Declaration of Conformity scheme.
- Removed Maritime radar from the list. It no longer requires MIC Type Approval but it is still subject to mandatory type approval under the Ministry of Transport.
Certificate of regulation conformity, Notice of receipt of Announcement of conformity to technical regulation issued before the effective date of this Circular will still be valid and continue to be applied until the effective date of new circular.
This draft circular is currently open for public comment. The currently circular 05/2019/TT-BTTT will be officially replaced on July 1st when the new circular comes into effect.