The Research and Studies Telecommunications Centre (CERT) of Tunisia has published new approval procedures for telecommunications terminal equipment and radio equipment.
CERT is a public service provider under the Tunisian Ministry of Information Technology and Communication.
In the new rules published in Decree 48-2020, new acts related to the facilitation of type approval procedures, product importation, and commercialization of telecommunications terminal equipment and radio equipment were announced.
The main changes are:
- Type approval certificates are now valid indefinitely (previously certificates were issued with 3 year validity periods)
- Previously issued certificates can be renewed or reissued with permanent validity
- Encryptions certification will be issued by CERT and no longer issued by ANCE (National Digital Certification Agency)
- Encryption certificates will be a single certificate covering both RF/Telecom and encryption
- The approval process is now 1 - 3 weeks.
CERT operates with the aim of sustaining development of the telecommunications sector and to support activities of the major ICT players.