The Secretaría de Telecomunicaciones (SUBTEL) of Chile released a new regulation on “Protocolo de Certificación de Equipos de Alcance Reducido, Año 2020," changing the process for Type Approval.
This new procedure requires the applicant to fill in the certification request in Spanish and provide information of the manufacturer, the device description, and used technologies.
The following is a list of the required information:
- Photos identify the location of the antennas, connectors in the device
- Photos of the device itself
- Description of equipment functionality
- Block diagram of its components
- User manual
- RF Test Report
- SAR Test Report (now required)
Main changes to the process:
- Products that have module implemented (“host devices”) will need to be approved using host device test reports.
- Module test reports can no longer be considered for the approval of host devices.
The deadline for submitting applications according to the previous procedure is June 30, 2020. Any application that reaches SUBTEL after June 30 will be treated according to this new procedure.
This new policy will take effect starting July 01, 2020.