The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MEITY) of India has released tentative HS Codes for products under the Compulsory Registration Scheme.
Products covered under the Compulsory Registration Scheme (CRS) by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) now have tentative HS Codes to ease the customs and importation process.
In addition, the following products have been added to the “Electronics and Information Technology Goods” category and will come into effect on October 1, 2020:
- Standalone LED Modules for General Lighting
- Lighting Chain (Rope Lights)
- Induction Stove
- Automatic Teller Cash Dispensing Machines
- USB Type External Hard Disk Drive
- Wireless Headphone and Earphone
- USB Type External Solid-State Storage Devices (above 256 GB capacity)
- Electronic Musical System with input power below 200 Watts
- Standalone Switch Mode Power Supples (SMPS) with output voltage 48 V (max)
- Television other than Plasma/LCD/LED TVs
- Rice Cooker
The full list of tentative HS Codes for BIS CRS can be found here.