The Department of Innovation, Science and Economic Development (ISED) of Canada released a new issue of RSS-125 for land mobile and fixed equipment operating in the range 1.705-30 MHz.
RSS-125, issue 3, "Land Mobile and Fixed Equipment Operating in the Frequency Range 1.705 MHz to 30 MHz," replaces RSS-125, issue 2, "Land Mobile and Fixed Radio Transmitters and Receivers Operating in the Band 1.705 to 50 MHz Primarily Amplitude Modulated."
The main changes are as follows:
- Expanded scope of standard to permit all types of modulation
- Changed upper limit of frequency band from 50 MHz to 30 MHz - frequencies above 30 MHz are covered in RSS-119
- Added normative reference to RSS-Gen
- Removed receiver spurious emissions requirements - these are encompassed in RSS-Gen
- Updated transmitter requirements
- Editorial changes and clarifications
There will be a transition period of 6 months after the publication date in which certification of equipment under RSS-125, issue 3, or issue 2, will be accepted. After this period, only applications for certification of equipment under RSS-125, issue 3, will be accepted. Equipment manufactured, imported, distributed, leased, offered for sale, or sold in Canada must comply with this present issue.