The National Telecommunications Agency (ANATEL) of Brazil released the Public consultation n.º 54/2020 in order to update the Act 14448 on restricted radiation equipment.
Act 14448 defines the technical requirements for assessing the conformity assessment of restricted radiation equipment. It is the ANATEL standard where the limits and conditions for many wireless devices, such as WIFI, BT, RFID, UWB, and SRD, are defined.
This document includes what ANATEL intends to include and change in the current rules. The public consulting will continue until August 23, 2020, and is open for any Brazilian wanting to send comments using the ANATEL system. ANATEL will evaluate the comments and publish the final document. The date of publication is unknown and will depend on the amount of contributions.
Below are the main topics described in the public consultation:
- Item 9.2 – Update the frequency range for Vehicle radars from 76-77 to 76-81 GHz and update the limits
- Item 9.5 – Allow a new type of device, Level Detection Transmitter, to use the range of 76-81 GHz and includes its limits
- Item 10 – Update the 5GHz Band IV from 5725-5850 MHz to 5725-5895 MHz
- Item 11 – Define that 5GHz Band III (5470-5725 MHz) can only be used for indoor devices
- Item 22 – Include a new type of device, Vehicle communication systems/Intelligent Transportation System/ITS, allowing the use of range 5850-5925 MHz
- Item 23 – Include a new type of device, Multiple Gigabit Wireless Systems, allowing the use of range 57-71GHZ bands
- Item 24 – Include limits to evaluate the Media Access Sharing System (Channel Access Mechanism) based on Frame Based Equipment (FBE) and Load Based Equipment (LBE) at 5GHz Bands
ANATEL did not include any information for WiFi 6E technology.