The Ministry of Information and Communications (MIC) of Vietnam opened public comments on a new draft Circular regarding the radio access part of ground mobile information terminals.
The draft Circular will introduce the new national standard QCVN 117: 2020/BTTTT for products with GSM, WCDMA and LTE functions. This standard is based on the following:
- ETSI EN 301 908-1 V11.1.1 (2016-07)
- ETSI EN 301 908-13 V11.1.1 (2016-07)
- ETSI EN 301 908-2 V6. 2.1 (2013-10)
- ETSI EN 301 511 V9.0.2 (2003-03)
- ETSI TS 151 010-1 V12.2.0 (2014-11)
Once implemented, this standard will replace the following:
- QCVN12:2015/BTTTT for 2G
- QCVN15:2015/BTTTT for 3G
- QCVN117:2018/BTTTT for 4G
Comments and suggestions are open to the public until September 9, 2020.
It is unclear whether or not manufacturers will have to re-test or re-certify to show compliance with the new national standard upon implementation.
The draft Circular is projected to take effect on July 1, 2021.