The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has opened comments for a proposed update to the Radiofrequency Spectrum Plan.
The ACMA proposed to remake the Spectrum Plan to reflect changes to the ITU’s Radio Regulations made at the WRC in late 2019.
The Spectrum Plan has been updated to reflect changes agreed upon at the conference for parts of the international frequency allocation table that are referenced in the Spectrum Plan, as well as other international changes that Australia has agreed to.
The Spectrum Plan:
- Divides the spectrum into frequency bands and sets out their purposes
- Provides a basis for management of the radiofrequency spectrum in Australia
- Informs radiocommunication users about the services and conditions allocated to each frequency band
- Changes to table of frequency band allocations
- Updates to Australian and international footnotes
Comments can be made on the ACMA website in PDF, Microsoft Word, or Rich Text Format.
Comments are open until September 29, 2020.