The Ministry of Information and Communications (MIC) of Vietnam has issued Decision No. 1443/QD-BTTTT to restructure departments of the Viet Nam Telecommunications Authority (VNTA).
The following departments of the VNTA will be grouped into one organization:
- Measurement Center (Vilas 103)
- Verification and Certification Center 1
- Verification and Certification Center 2
- Verification and Certification Center 3
This new organization will be called Trung tâm Đo lường Chất lượng Viễn thông, or the Center for Telecommunications Quality and Measurement.
These certification centers were restructured in order to improve the lead time for Type Approval Certification at VNTA Certification Centers. Type Approval Certificates and test reports issued by the former organizations will still be valid.
Main impacts are as follows:
- Submission to the four departments will no longer be accepted
- Acceptance of the manufacturer to hold the license - decisions and procedure will be delayed
It will take about 3-5 weeks from the announcement date (August 21, 2020) for the restructuring to become clear and stable.