The Secretaría de Telecomunicaciones (SUBTEL) of Chile has issued the new Resolution 1807 to support Wi-Fi 6 and open bands for use by Access Points.
The main changes are as follows:
- 5GHz B1 increases power limit from max EIRP 250mW (23.97dBm) to max EIRP 1W (30dBm) with a max PSD of 17mW/MHz in any band of 1MHz, restricted to indoor use
- 5.9GHz – 7.1GHz band is opened for Access Point & Terminal devices
- Access point devices are allowed for indoor use only - cannot use external/removable antennas or internal batteries
- Terminal equipment used with Access Point systems up to 1W (30dBm) PSD 5 dBm/MHz can operate in 5.9GHz – 7.1GHz up to max EIRP 24dBm, max PSD -1dBm/MHz
- Test reports submitted must have Accreditation marks. Under this new resolution, the test reports only need one laboratory international accreditation mark instead of the previous number of two marks.