The Ministry of Information and Communications (MIC) of Vietnam issued three new Technical Regulations for 2.4GHz, SRD 1-40GHz & LPWAN 920-923MHz.
Vietnam MIC has updated and issued the following Technical regulations:
- 1. QCVN 54:2020/BTTTT Technical regulation on Wideband data transmission equipment operating in the 2.4GHz band. This is equivalent to ETSI EN 300 328 v2.2.2 (2019-07)
- 2. QCVN 74:2020/BTTTT Technical regulation on SRD 1GHz to 40GHz frequency range. This is equivalent to ETSI EN 300 440 v2.2.1 (2018-07)
- 3. QCVN 122:2020/BTTTT Technical regulation on low-power wide area network radio equipment (LPWAN) in the 920MHz to 923MHz. This is equivalent to ETSI 300 220-1 v3.2.1 (2018-06)
The major impact of these technical regulations:
- The regulation will come into effect on July 1, 2021.
- For these type of approved products which will be applicable to use the above regulations, and still imported to Vietnam will need to retest and apply Type approval certificate per the latest technical regulation.
- MRA labs need to apply for MIC MRA recognition according to these new standards (equivalent ETSI version) in order to get their test report accepted by MIC Vietnam.