ANATEL published new Act 7280 on November 26, 2020, which has updated the Reference List of Products for Telecommunications and replaced the Act. 2222, dated April 20, 2020.
Summary of the The main changes:
- All products that have previously required a renewal every year, now the renewal will be every 2 years, such as Chargers for mobile phone (including Wireless Charger), ONTs, WWAN devices, Mobile phones, batteries, IP phones, etc. There will be no more renewal for every 1 year.
- ANATEL will also require ISO Certificate with sworn-in translation in Portuguese for all Certifications, except for products whose Conformity Assessment Mode is “Conformity Declaration”.
- ANATEL will accept testing reports done abroad for certain devices, such as OLT, Data Network Equipment (Switch) installed in corporative/ industrial environment, Digital Multiplex, etc. The foreigner laboratory must be accredited by one ILAC member.
- Some types of products that were previously not required any renewal, now they will need renewal every 3 years, such as OLT, Data Network Equipment (Switch) installed in corporative/ industrial environment, Multiplexer, Coaxial cables, some types of Optical cables, etc.
- This new Act will come into effect around June 1, 2021, 180 days after its publication.