Vietnam MIC has officially made some major changes in certification method for products and goods under its management scope. The updates went into effect on July 01, 2020.
- MiC Vietnam approval shall grant a type approval certificate for overseas manufacturers directly. ( previously only can be hold by local Importer, now by overseas manufacturers hold the cert and they can authorize multiple importers)
- Overseas manufacturers are allowed to sign a self-assessment declaration of conformity which is needed for the “Product Quality Inspection Registration” (PQIR) process which is a part of the customs clearance process. In such cases, Self-assessment DoC must be based on the test report which oversea manufacturer is “test applicant” (test report holder).
- In order to use “Type Approval certificate” and “Self-assessment DoC” granted under a name of oversea manufacturer(s), local importer shall need to submit a “notification on list of product models and importers allowed” to VNTA during PQIR process.
- Conformity certification organizations can be VNTA or any other certification bodies which are designated by MIC Vietnam for certification activities.
- Certification system 1: Certification based on typical sample testing, applicable for products manufactured by ISO 9001 certified factories. Certificate granted under this system shall be valid for maximum of 3 years.
- Certification system 5: Certification based on typical sample testing combined with factory inspection applicable for products manufactured by a factory that has not obtain ISO 9001 certificate yet. Certificate granted under this system shall be valid for a maximum of 3 years but factory audit shall be required anually to maintain certificate validity.
- Certification system 7: Consignment approval (per-lot approval), applicable when system 1 or system 5 are not applicable. Certificate granted under this system shall be valid for a single import lot / consigment only.
New certification systems have been officially introduced, which now includes three methods:
Type Approval Certificate or Letter of Acceptance of Declaration of Conformity granted before the enforcement date of this circular shall keep its validity.