The Telecommunications Agency of Guyana is once again issuing type approvals and have announced two public consultations regarding labeling requirements.
A summary of each consultation is as follows:
Public Consultation on the Labelling of commodities - Labeling of Electrical Equipment, Fittings and electrical appliances
This proposes the necessity for Electrical Equipment, Fittings and electrical appliances to be permanently marked with:
- Nominal voltage or rated voltage range in AC or DC
- Rated frequency or rated frequency range, in hertz, unless the appliance is frequency independent
- Rated power/current
- Country of manufacture
- Manufacturer’s name, trademark or identification number
- Model number, serial number or type
- Certification mark
- Cell phones offered for sale shall be labelled accordingly as “Used”, or “Refurbished”, or Certified Pre-Owned “CPO”.
- The international mobile equipment identity (IMEI) number shall be displayed at the back of the phone where applicable, or on the packages of sealed cell phones.
- Cell phone dealers shall offer warranties when making sales.
Public consultation on Requirements for the labelling and sale of Cell Phones
Some of the proposals in this consultation are: