Malaysia SIRIM has recently updated their certificate format to show more details. This new updated format change began implementation on February 8th, 2021.
Maylaysia MCMC has implemented a new format for 5G Customer Premise Equipment (CPE) or also known as 5G User Equipment (UE) which may now be certified. The 5G CPE shall meet the following conditions:
- Only applicable for 5G ready Smart Phones and CPEs (UEs).
- 5G feature shall comply to relevant 3GPP Release 15 or above (proven through submission of test report), and product must support at least one of these frequencies:
- N28 703 – 748 MHz to 758 – 803 MHz, N77 3300 – 4200 MHz, N78 3300 – 3800 MHz, N257 26500 – 29500 MHz, N258 24250 – 27500
- In addition, the 5G product may operate in any other bands than mentioned above, as long as it identifies with other IMT system bands in Malaysia as specified in MCMC Spectrum Plan.
- Other scopes of the product must comply to related MCMC Technical Code (e.g. 2G, 3G, LTE, WiFi etc.) as per stated in Certification Requirement document.
- Maximum validity period is 1 year.
- 5G CPEs that meet the above application shall be granted with interim Type Approval.