Costa Rica published modifications to their National Frequency Plan on April 30th, 2021, the document was published in the Official Gazette of Costa Rica (Gaceta Diario Oficial de Costa Rica)
Among some modifications is the improvement of Addendum VII which is related to unlicensed Frequencies as following:
The use of the 900 MHz band as unlicensed use was extended:
- 902 – 940 MHz with Max Output Power 24 dBm and EIRP 30 dBm.
- 947 – 960 MHz with Max Output Power 24 dBm and EIRP 30 dBm.
- In the 5GHz Band the following ranges are now allowed to be used 5875 – 5925 MHz with Max Output Power 24 dBm and EIRP 30 dBm
- 5925 – 7125 MHz with Max Output Power 24 dBm and EIRP 30 dBm for indoor low power applications and for outdoor and indoor very low power equipment with Max EIRP 14 dBm.
- For WPAN the frequency range was extended as follows: 57000 – 71000 MHz with Max EIRP 43 dBm
- A Range of the spectrum was made available for Radar: 76000 – 81000 MHz: in accordance with the Recommendations ITU-R M.1452 and ITU-R M.2057, including for operating powers and frequency required for its correct operation.