The Afghanistan Telecom Regulatory Authority (ATRA) has published updated type approval regulations. These updates were published the first week of May 2021.
Under the existing regulations, all equipment used or to be used in connection with the provision of radio communications is subject to Type Approval by ATRA.
The below is a list of some of the Radio Communications Equipment that are subject to Type Approval by ATRA but not limited to the below equipment:
- Fixed Radio Transmitters
- Mobile Terminal Equipment
- Broadcasting Equipment
- Satellite Transmitter Equipment
- Frequency dependent Medical Equipment and Devices
- Short Range Radio Devices
- ATRA has also published a label requirement