Mexico IFETEL the Federal Institute of Telecommunications has issued Draft Agreement 2021 on Technical Conditions of Operation of the Frequency Band 5925-7125 MHz.
Public consultation is open from May 28, 2021 to June 24, 2021.
The main objectives of the Public Consult is:
- Establish the technical operating conditions of the WAS / RLAN systems that could make use of the 5925- 7125 MHz frequency band in order to promote the deployment of new technologies in our country, for the benefit of the end-user
- Manage and promote the efficient use of the radioelectric spectrum through the use of the frequency band 5925-7125 MHz for the telecommunications sector
- Promote and promote conditions for the general public to have access to new telecommunications technologies and services through the use of the 5925- 7125 MHz frequency band
- Increase harmonization in the use of the radioelectric spectrum for the operation of WAS / RLAN systems in the frequency band 5925-7125 MHz, based on the best international practices and existing technological advances
- Encourage technological innovation in the country by adding access to the radio spectrum for new equipment or technologies related to the operation of WAS / RLAN systems in the frequency band 5925-7125 MHz, without the need for a concession for these purposes
- Promote competition in the telecommunications market for the frequency band 5925-7125 MHz