The Government of India, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), has clarified the coverage of cameras, speakers and microphones used in the Automotive sector.
Please note that, the Government of India, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), has mandated compulsory registration for product categories notified under the schedule of the "Electronics and IT Goods (Requirement of Compulsory Registration) Order, 2012". This will covers categroies such as integrated Speakers and cameras will fall under this new registration procedure.
The summary of the clarifications as per below for product range used under automotive sector:
- The products are covered under the order irrespective of the HS codes.
- The Wireless Microphones, Bluetooth, Smart Speakers are notified under Compulsory Registration Order. The wired microphone is not covered under the Compulsory Registration Order.
- The speakers as a component are not covered under the Order.
- The cameras, if imported as an integral part of the vehicle, would not attract the provisions of CRO.
- The notified goods in open form /which do not have a specific model number are not covered under the Order.
The above products are in conjunction with PHASE V BIS certification.