The Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA) published in the Official Gazette the Notice 737 of 2021,which features an update to the “RADIO FREQUENCY SPECTRUM REGULATIONS, 2015”, one of the main Radio Equipment regulatory frameworks in South Africa. This publication of these regulations are “amending Annexure B of the Radio Frequency Spectrum Regulations”.
Frequency Spectrum Regulations”. ICASA harmonized many of the unlicensed frequency bands with the applications defined by the CEPT/ERC/REC 70-03, taking several ETSI standards as the technical reference.
From the list of Short Range Devices (SRD), there are several important inclusions such as:
- -Inductive applications up to 5000 kHz
- -UHF Wireless Microphones
- -DECT Systems (Other than phones)
- -UWB and Radiodetermination applications
- -Intelligent Transportation Systems
- -TTT and Automotive radars up to 81 GHz
This amendment was released on December 24, 2021.