The Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection (BSMI) of Taiwan has put in effect new EMC (CNS 15936) and safety (CNS 15598-1) standards.
CNS 15936 and CNS 15598-1 applies to all electrical and electronic equipment within the field of audio, video, information and communication technology with a rated AC or DC supply voltage not exceeding 600 volts.
The current CNS standards:
- EMC - CNS 13438 (CISPR 22)
- EMC - CNS 13439 (CISPR 13)
- Safety - CNS 14336-1 (IEC 60950-1)
- Safety - CNS 14408 (IEC 60065)
The new CNS standards:
- EMC - CNS 15936 (CISPR 32:2015)
- Safety - CNS 15598-1 (IEC 62368-1:2018)
These new standard are effective as of February 22nd of this year. Although these standards are in effect, applications based on the current CNS standards are accepted until 2024.
Currently existing certificates are valid until their expiration, upon which a new certification based on the new standards are required.