MIC publishes the QCVN 132:2022/BTTTT electrical safety standard for ICT and ITE products including TiVi, laptops, tablets, desktop PCs, DECT phones and set-top boxes. The new Ministry of Information and Communications technical standards will come into force on January 1, 2024.
The Vietnam MIC issued Circular 24/2022/TT-BTTTT on November 30, 2022, along with the QCVN 132:2022/BTTTT Electrical Safety standard for ICT and ITE products such as TiVi, laptop, tablet, desktop PC, DECT phone, and set-top-box. The QCVN 132:2022/BTTTT safety standard is based on IEC 62368-1:2018, and it goes into effect on January 1, 2024, with the major part for electrical safety requirements and certain endurance physical requirements like drop test and impact test.
The Circular No. 24/2022/TT-BTTTT and the accompanying QCVN 132:2022/BTTTT "National Technical law on electric protection necessities for telecommunication and records terminal equipment" have the subsequent key contents.
- DECT phone (HS code 85171100)
- Desktop computer PC (HS code 84714110)
- Digital Cable TV set-top-box (HS code 85287111, 85287119, 85287191, 85287199)
- IPTV set-top-box (HS code 85287111, 85287119, 85287191, 85287199)
- DVB-T2 TiVi (iDTV) (HS code 85287292, 85287299)
- Cable TV network amplifier (HS code 85176249)
- Subscribe extension type of wireless telephone (not including DECT phone) (HS code 85171100)
- Laptop PC, notebook PC (HS code 84713020)
- Tablet PC (HS code 84713090)