The National Radio Research Agency (RRA) of South Korea updates the Phase I procedures of Annex I and provides the applicable KS standards for 5G new radio equipment.
This update was issued on January 21, 2020.
The list of updates from the previous version are as follows:
- Notice on Conformity Assessment of Broadcasting and Communications Equipment (MSIT Public Notification 2019-95, Dec 5, 2019))
- Notice on Designation and Management of Testing Laboratories for Broadcasting and Communications Equipment (MSIT Public Notification 2019-95, Dec 5, 2019)
- Technical Requirements for CATV Equipment (MSIT Public Notification 2019-78, Sep 18, 2019)
- Unlicensed Radio Equipment Established Without Notice (MSIT Public Notification 2019-105, Dec 23, 2019)
- Test Methods for Technical Requirements of 5G NR (New Radio) equipment: Applicable KS Standards
- KN 301 489-7 and KN 301 489-24 were replaced by KN 301 489-52 and KN 301 489-26 was replaced by KN 301-489-50 as noted in RRA Public Notification 2019-5, Mar 11, 2019.
New References for Administrative Provision
New Reference for Technical Requirements for Telecommunications Terminal Equipment
New Reference for Technical Requirements for Radio Equipment
|KS X 3270||Conduction test methods for 5G NR (New Radio) equipment|
|KS X 3271||Radiation test methods for 5G NR (New Radio) equipment|
New Reference for Technical Requirements for EMC
Technical requirements pertaining to SAR and EMF have been separated out into their own respective sections.
The complete Annex I document containing the list of technical regulations for South Korea, as well as the Phase I procedures can be found here.
The previous update can be found here.